Wrapped Human Body Final Solution





Artist Statement

This work was inspired by the space. It has somewhat of an industrial feel and I particularly thought that the way the light reflected added interest into this space. I wanted to wrap the model in a way that would not necessarily come across as being human. The way that I posed the model created a parallel to the light and mimicked the bend of the pipe. This work was inspired by the theme of loss. I took loss as being a loss of self. With that idea I was thinking about my depression and how lonely I oftentimes feel. A sense of the loss of self is portrayed through how the model isn't easily recognizable as a human. The model was on their hands and knees which acts as a way to further express the idea of the pain of loneliness and how it can defeat you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Found Object

Clay Sculpture